“Writing for Tablets & Devices,” The Journal of Media Education,
vol. 7, no. 2, (April 2016), pp. 15-20.
“How To Shoot Video That Doesn't Suck,” by Steven Stockman,
Workman Publishing. Journal of Film and Video, Vol. 66, No. 3
(Fall 2014) , pp. 60-62. Book Review.
The Journal of Media Education, vol. 5, no 1, (Jan. 2014), pp. 32-34.
by Cynthia Baron, Diane Carson, Mark Bernard. Wayne State University Press,
Journal of Film and Video, Vol 69 No. 1 (Spring2017), pp. 55-57. Book Review.
RECENT CONFERENCE PAPERS/PANELS/JURIED SCRIPT READINGS
*note: The University Film & Video Association (UFVA) is the leading organization for Film Scholars and Professors
“Your Film Is Too Long,” Panel Title: Frameworks for Training the Next Generation of Filmmakers, 2015 UFVA Conference
“How We Teach Directing,“ Panel Title: Acting Like a Director: The Benefits of Student Directors Studying Acting, 2015 UFVA Conference
Moderator, Traditional Formulas and Shifting Contexts: From Scriptwriting to Gaming, Panel at the 2014 UFVA Conference
Moderator, Pedagogy & Collaboration: Creating Teachable Moments & New Models For Pedagogy, 2013 UFVA Conference
“Whitney Houston Saved My Life, ” Juried Script Presentation,
2014 University Film & Video Conference
“Underground,” Juried Script Presentation, 3rd Place
2013 University Film & Video Conference,
• Juried Script Respondent 2014 UFVA Conference
• Juried Script Respondent 2013 UFVA Conference
• Juried Script Respondent 2011 UFVA Conference
• 2011-present. CineStory Screenwriting Competition. International. With over 700 submissions, its winners have written such films as the internationally acclaimed “The Children Of Men,” and worldwide hit, “Iron Man.”
• 2013-2017. Black Maria Film Festival. International. With over 500 submissions, this Festival travels to locations presenting the best short and experimental films.
• 2012/14/17 Newark Black Film Festival. International. The longest running Black Film Festival in the United States.
• 2013/14/19 Carole Felder Student Grant Award. University Film & Video Association